A huge thank you to all members, parents and helpers for another successful season. 2018 has been hugely successful on all fronts and we look forward to seeing you all again in 2019.
Wishing all members a great christmas
All qualified Surf Lifeguards that are available to provide cover for the Boxing Day Swim please let me know - we will be doing the water safety cover.
For those who are thinking of booking their summer holidays in these dark winter nights - Please note that the competition dates for the 2018 are now in the diary. The first competition is the longest day followed by the Devon Championships the dates of which are:
Nippers 30th June (Back up date 14th July)
Youth/Open 1st July (Back up date 22nd July)
Masters 15th July (Back up date 21st July)
The 2017 Season has been another successful season for the club. We celebrated at our end of season awards ceremony at the Sailing club. Our key achievements have been:
- 50 young people gaining formal lifesaving qualifications included 10 members awarded with the Surf Lifeguard Award - the very pinnacle of lifeguard awards that will enable them to work as a professional beach lifeguard with the RNLI on any lifeguarded beach in the country.
- The club’s success in competition. In particular the 7 youth members of the club that have achieved county honors - Sidmouth is the only south coast club in Devon to have county competitors.
- The volunteer lifeguards, coaches, committee members and helpers who have been instrumental in the success and development of the club.
- The promotion of 3 lifeguards to Trainer Assessors ensuring the highest level of training within the club
- Our new nippers have achieved many competencies progressing excellently over the summer.
Also please note the 2018 training and competition dates on the events page.
Welcome to the new website for our Surf Life Saving Club!
On this website you can find all the information you need about our club including: the team members, our constitution and safety policies and a gallery of recent images and press cuttings.
We will be keeping the website up-to-date with our upcoming events and latest news so don't forget to keep en eye on our events and news pages to see what we're up to!