The Sidmouth Surf Life Saving Club is a not for profit organisation founded in 2013 and affiliated with Surf Life Saving GB, a national charity of 7,000 volunteers helping to make our beaches safer and more enjoyable places for everyone.
The club aims to provide children and young people aged 8 – 16 with opportunities to improve their health and well being through fun physical activity and social interaction.
- Life saving education (beach and sea knowledge / first aid and lifesaving skills).
- Beach events including beach sprints, relays and beach flags.
- Water activities including sea swimming, board paddling, rescue skills and ski paddling.
- Achieving formal qualifications such as junior beach lifeguard awards and surf craft awards.
- Competitive opportunities in the above activities.
The club, due to high demand for its Saturday morning session, can only accept potential new members for children between the age of 8 and 9 (age on 1st of May 2019).
N.B. The club only accepts new members who pass a pre-season pool swim assessment which requires the prospective member to swim 100m front crawl continuously with confidence.
All those interested please use contact page stating child's full name and DOB. You will then be contacted early in February informing you of swim assessment dates in March 2019.
Please see our event calendar for times and dates of our training sessions and other activities.