The 2017 Season has been another successful season for the club. We celebrated at our end of season awards ceremony at the Sailing club. Our key achievements have been:
- 50 young people gaining formal lifesaving qualifications included 10 members awarded with the Surf Lifeguard Award - the very pinnacle of lifeguard awards that will enable them to work as a professional beach lifeguard with the RNLI on any lifeguarded beach in the country.
- The club’s success in competition. In particular the 7 youth members of the club that have achieved county honors - Sidmouth is the only south coast club in Devon to have county competitors.
- The volunteer lifeguards, coaches, committee members and helpers who have been instrumental in the success and development of the club.
- The promotion of 3 lifeguards to Trainer Assessors ensuring the highest level of training within the club
- Our new nippers have achieved many competencies progressing excellently over the summer.
Also please note the 2018 training and competition dates on the events page.